Washington Mutual demanda a la FDIC por 17 billones US$ + daños

26.5K respuestas
3 suscriptores
Página
2,253 / 3,346

Re: wamuq

No veo que haya mucho volumen en las cotizaciones. Empezo fuerte(si es que se le puede decir asi, si la nagacion del POR fue una buena noticia, ya que muchos esperabais subidas para hoy de mas del 50%).
Al final han pillado a un monten de pequeños inversores en precios mas altos, y ala, otro gurpo de pillados mas. Como se ve en os volumenes los grandes han pasado del tema.

Se repite de nuevo la historia, pequeño arreon en apertura, monton de pillados y otra vez para atras.

A ver que dice el EC.

¿Com es eso Jesus , tic,tac,tic,tac,je,je,je.
Empieza a sonar el tic,tac, pero no del reloj, el de la bombaaaaaaaaa que se va a comer vuestros ahorros.

os deseo suerte y un poco de humor .

El humor de una mosca cojonera es el que tienes majete...

Aquí hasta que no pare la música o hable el EC todos esperando a ver el siguiente capítulo que debe incluir a la equidad dentro (no se si aun lo has captado Manzana)

Nuevos aliados : EC + TPS

¿cuanto tiempo vamos a tardar en saber el próximo movimiento del EC? pienso que antes de finales de semana deberiamos saber algo pero si tardan más no me voy a preocupar pues será parte de la estrategia.
Ahora formamos un tandem con TPS porque estoy seguro que estos van a pelear muy duro por su $$$$$$$.

Extracto del artículo de Bloomberg

For those who believe bankruptcy judges in Delaware and New York will approve any major initiative by a large company in reorganization, the opinion shows Walrath’s independence and willingness to rule against a debtor even at the risk of upsetting the underpinnings of a reorganization.

In this writer’s judgment, Walrath’s opinion is a turning point in the history of Chapter 11. It reflects a growing tendency on the part of bankruptcy judges to push back against increasing control of Chapter 11 cases by investors who purchased debt at discount.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMEN !!!!

Buenas, ya hacia mucho que no escribia por aqui, os leo de evz en cuando, hoy me habia metido a ver k se comentaba del POR y demas...vaya bajonazo, yo cuando os lei el viernes ya me veia subidas de esas que mencionaba manzana, k lectura sacais aparte del tipico el mercado esta manipulado? pk obviamente si hubiera sido tan buena noticia la negacion del por algun k otro hedge fund carrognero hubiera entrado a saco en alguna clase de acciones, me sorprende un poco k los comentarios negativos a la equidad de la juez en la negacion pesen mas que la propia negacion...

Aunque al final yo creo tb es que cansa un poco, los k estan dentro ya estan dentro y no los echan ni con aceite hirviendo y si quisieron ya pusieron hasta las escrituras de la casa y los que estan afuera ya sea cortos o largos ya tuvieron oportunidades de sobra de entrar... asi k al final supongo que no debe quedar mucha mas chicha en el asador, para bien o para mal.

Buena suerte a todos y feliz agno.

Opinión de MrPennyIII acerca de las WAHUQ

La opinión de este tipo me parece interesante, la comparto.

Re: $19.2 a good level to buy H's? 50 minutes ago
WAHUQ

Here's how I see it. I don't think they are a sub or WMI preferred.

The WMI Trust 2001 (PIERS) in this bankruptcy
- are WMI junior subordinated debt
- in addition they are subordinated to all subordinated debt
- payable to the trust ( a separate legal entity -- not WMI, )
- with essentially the same terms as the trust's ( a separate legal entity -- not WMI ) preferred stock / WAHUQ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_st...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust-prefe...

Here's a current prospectus.

http://www.secinfo.com/dRqWm.4fT99.htm#1...

They aren't a sub, Trusts don't have owners, they have beneficiaries.

http://delcode.delaware.gov/title12/c038...

The Warrants aren't stock.

They should be ranked after the subordinated debt in their own class as Subordinated subordinated debt.

To be eligible as Tier 1 capital, such instruments must provide for a minimum five-year consecutive deferral period on distributions to preferred shareholders. In addition, the intercompany loan must be subordinated to all subordinated debt and have the longest feasible maturity. The amount of these instruments, together with other cumulative preferred stock a bank holding company may include in Tier 1 capital, may constitute up to 25 percent of the sum of all core capital elements, including cumulative perpetual preferred stock and trust preferred stock.Non-financial companies are more likely to use less complex structures, such as issuing junior subordinated debt directly to the public.

They are Pref's in SOMETHING and the SOMETHING is the Trust.
The Trust loaned the money to WMI that the trust collected from issuing it's Pref's, the H's

More to follow

IMO
MrPennyIII
Rating :
(2 Ratings)
Rate it:
awful/not related to \pooraveragegoodexcellent

mrpennyiii

Male
On a boat s...

View Messages

Ignore User

Report Abuse
Re: $19.2 a good level to buy H's? 49 minutes ago
On the question if they merged with WMI. Merging with WMI would negate the tax benefits that was the reason for the trust in the first place.

Advantages

Trust preferred securities are used by bank holding companies for their favorable tax, accounting, and regulatory capital treatments. Specifically, the subordinated debt securities are taxed like debt obligations by the IRS, so interest payments are deductible. Dividends on preferred stock, by comparison, are paid out of after-tax income. The company may therefore enjoy a significantly lower cost of funding.
If issued by a bank holding company, they are treated as capital rather than liabilities under banking regulations, and may be treated as the highest quality capital (tier 1 capital) if they have certain characteristics. Since the amount of liabilities (such as deposits) that a banking institution may have is limited to some multiple of its capital, this regulatory treatment is highly favorable and is why the trust preferred structure is favored by bank holding companies.
To be eligible as Tier 1 capital, such instruments must provide for a minimum five-year consecutive deferral period on distributions to preferred shareholders. In addition, the intercompany loan must be subordinated to all subordinated debt and have the longest feasible maturity. The amount of these instruments, together with other cumulative preferred stock a bank holding company may include in Tier 1 capital, may constitute up to 25 percent of the sum of all core capital elements, including cumulative perpetual preferred stock and trust preferred stock.Non-financial companies are more likely to use less complex structures, such as issuing junior subordinated debt directly to the public.

The trust wasn't closed. Because there would be sec docs and we still have the WAHUQ.
The trust wasn't merged with WMI after the bankruptcy because that would require a vote. ( see my post above). I have been a holder and a follower and saw nothing on it.
They wouldn't have done it before Sept 08 as it would have been treated as a liabilities under banking
regulations, not the precious capital.
The Q was added to WAHU after the P,K,U's. I think this was done ( not 100% ) because they could not file the reports.

On the argument that Justin brought up that WAHUQ were equity and therefore equity was in the money.

I didn't agree or thought he was taking a page out of Rosens playbook.

H's are equity ( failing to mention they are equity in the trust) and they are in the money.

There are a few other things in the prospectus that where not acted upon or ignored by the trustee.

The trustee gave the holders chance to comment.

As for the interest or value, the Wells Fargo trustee has done the deal with Rosen and I don't see it being undone. It's debt and they have made their claim on the trustees albeit poor or lazy interpretation of the prospectus.

IMO
MrPennyIII

¿De donde te has sacado que el siguiente POR va a incluir a la equidad? Je,je, como si Rosen fuese tonto.

¿te has leído la opinión de walrath?¿un resumen al menos?

Te puede interesar...
  1. La Sutil Arte de No Arruinarse: Una Mirada a la Gestión del Riesgo en Trading
  1. La Sutil Arte de No Arruinarse: Una Mirada a la Gestión del Riesgo en Trading
Brokers destacados