26.5K respuestas
Washington Mutual demanda a la FDIC por 17 billones US$ + daños
3 suscriptores
Washington Mutual demanda a la FDIC por 17 billones US$ + daños
Página
2,642 / 3,346

Bopfania

Besugo: Tu amiga Bopfan ha posteado de nuevo

I rarely challenge you on this board because you rarely give me reason (i.e., your opinions usually make sense). However, this time you so far off in your opinion "that The Smith case was a very minor specific case and it just seems unreal that the entire bankruptcy system of the US would be thrown into turmoil if it is allowed to be the new standard under which all bankruptcy cases will fall" must be attacked.

The U.S. Supreme Court grants review ('certioari') to about 1% of cases(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certiorari)... and those cases merit its very special attention. In the instant case the Justices were concerned that if bankruptcy courts as Article I (i.e., Congressionally-created) courts could -- pursuant to 28 USC 157 -- adjudicate matters within the jurisdiction of Article III courts (i.e., the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Courts of Appeal, and U.S. District Courts) it would eviscerate the jurisdiction of Article III courts. That is a VERY significant matter (violation of separation of powers), hence the Supremes' grant of cert.

If you think Walrath can give the finger to the Supremes and Stern, you're on the wrong train. Jurisdiction is the heart of a court's power, and is the first topic a first year law student learns in Civil Procedure (yes, it's THAT important). When a jurisdictional challenge is made a court must address the issue. When I hear a non-lawyer discount both a U.S. Supreme Court opinion AND a jurisdictional challenge my dander goes up. Way up.

The bankruptcy system won't be thrown into turmoil; bankruptcy courts will simply have to limit adjudication to matters within their jurisdiction and to refer matters outside their jurisdiction to district courts. Anna Nicole Smith's torts claim against her son-in-law was outside the bankruptcy court's jurisdiction and so are several of the claims WMI purports to settle in the GSA.

Stern marks the first time when equity doesn't have to rely on Walrath's good offices; she has to accept the decision's limit on her authority. Period.

The Hoffman objection to abandonment foreshadowed the foregoing jurisdiction issue with respect to the FIRREA claims, and Walrath ignored the argument. Now she is cornered and has to rule on TPS' objection next week.

As TPS says, if a bankruptcy court doesn't have jurisdiction to adjudicate a type of legal matter, it can't approve compromise of that matter (cf. Hoffman abandonment objection) as entering an order approving the compromise is a final judgment.

The GSA purports to settle claims that could not be adjudicated by Walrath, hence according to TPS and Stern, she can't settle them, either.

By throwing lack of jurisdiction in her face Walrath MUST -- as a preliminary matter -- rule on whether she has jurisdiction. She can't touch the GSA/Plan until she does so.

You'll notice that every pleading and order in this case has contained a preliminary statement regarding the court's jurisdiction. TPS has just attacked that vis a vis the GSA. Walrath must tackle that first because if she doesn't have it and proceeds, she's just wasting everyone's time and will look a fool to her fellow jurists and the bar.

Re: Bopfania

Delay, Deal or WMI/JPM/FDIC ends G.S.

Here we are folks at another crossroads for this travesty that has resulted in multiple crimes being committed and the original crime as bad as it is/was may start taking a back seat to the OVERALL cover-up. It just does not appear the Criminals have any common sense left as greed; corruption overpowers their good judgment, just as any abuse of drugs and alcohol do. I am back to the common sense level that when you stand back from a distance and look at the mess all of these Criminals including Weasel/Gotcha/Mangle have found themselves in, it would be very hard to believe if you did not know. Who would have thought that the very top people in the US Government and some successful organizations along with the legal profession would have made such an embarrassment, mockery and showed the level of corruption of the Unites States in present day? This case alone would make any third world country look like a Saint.

I feel we are down to these three choices and while delay may be the most popular choice, I still feel strongly that unless a settlement occurs or a delay that Rosie has to pull the Global Settlement. I just do not believe Rosie can go through with POS POR 6+ without enhancements or change and if anyone can explain how Rosie could avoid the charge of bankruptcy fraud if he does, I would like to hear from you. I say this assuming Susman and PJS/BDO have finished WMI’s pre/post chapter 11 filing valuation in total. We know for a fact it was delivered to Rosie and others through court filings. It would seem once Rosie and company have been notified of the assets that are missing, he would have to show them and I will not get into value, other than to say the assets would have some value. It would be interesting to see the Posters thought on this topic. Unless a settlement is in the offing, I would expect some sort of filing this evening and it could come after 9:00pm Eastern Time if there is one at all. A settlement IMHO, if there is one would probably come next week some time.

A…Delay

B…Deal

C…G.S. finished

D…Other

Salud mental y WAMU

Equidad abandonada

Certification of No Objection Regarding Debtors' Motion Pursuant to Section 554(a) of the Bankruptcy Code for Authorization to Abandon WMI's Equity Interests in Washington Mutual Bank

http://www.kccllc.net/documents/0812229/0812229110708000000000005.pdf

Bueno como el foro veo que da pena, con tanta información pumperiana manipulada, por si todavía hay algun "pardillo" que luego le tocará aguantar su vela y se reiran de él, que no busque información real. Aquí teneis de que va esto, los debtors abandonan miles de activos en NOLS, y nadie hace una objeción, más corrupción imposible. Pero esto no se habla, como tantas cosas que han salido estos días y aquí ni mu.

Saludos

Re: Equidad abandonada

Lo acabo de ver y también lo quería comentar.

¿Esto no es lo mismo que reclamó Tricadia y que luego retiró la reclamación porque llegaron a un acuerdo con los debtors?
¿No lo rechazó también la propia jueza por la cantidad de dinero que dejaba escapar en nols?

No sé, creo que ahora empieza el pulso entre las partes.

lawrence,
I did notice the Hoffman objection afterwards.
But if you read the filing, Mark Collins CERTIFIES than there are no pending objections.
Somebody ought to object RIGHT AWAY.
Anyway, in case anyone wants to check the filing history:

Related documents:
12/13/2010 6320 Amended Withdrawal of Objection by Tricadia Capital Management, LLC, to Debtors' Motion Pursuant to Section 554(a) of the Bankruptcy Code for Authorizing to Abandon WMI's Equity Interests in Washington Mutual Bank 48 k http://www.kccllc.net/documents/0812229/...
12/8/2010 6272 Withdrawal of Objection by Tricadia Capital Management, LLC, to Debtors' Motion Pursuant to Section 554(a) of the Bankruptcy Code for Authorizing to Abandon WMI's Equity Interests in Washington Mutual Bank 137 k http://www.kccllc.net/documents/0812229/...
11/29/2010 6117 Objection by Tricadia Capital Management, LLC, to Debtors' Motion Pursuant to Section 554(a) of the Bankruptcy Code for Authorizing to Abandon WMI's Equity Interests in Washington Mutual Bank 1173 k http://www.kccllc.net/documents/0812229/...
11/12/2010 5885 Debtors' Motion Pursuant to Section 554(a) of the Bankruptcy Code for Authorization to Abandon WMI's Equity Interests in Washington Mutual Bank 880 k http://www.kccllc.net/documents/0812229/...

But WAIT!!!!
11/8/2010 5802 Objection to Any Provisions in the GSA or the Plan Which Require Abandonment or Any Form of Release of the WMI Claims Filed by Daniel Hoffman 551 k http://www.kccllc.net/documents/0812229/...

I don't see Daniel Hoffman withdrawing HIS objection!!!
And he filed his objection on time (deadline was Nov 29, 2010)

Nobody objected when the request was submitted."

Again for the umpteen time.... Dan Hoffman Objected to the Abandonment .!!!!

Does JMW have jurisdiction over WMI's Equity Interests in WMB 8-Jul-11 05:34 pm After the decision of the supreme court In Re Stern v. Marshall, does Walrath actually have jurisdiction over this matter?

Certification of No Objection Regarding Debtors' Motion Pursuant to Section 554(a) of the Bankruptcy Code for Authorization to Abandon WMI's Equity Interests in Washington Mutual Bank

Te puede interesar...
Brokers destacados